The Praying Leader
By Sharon Jaynes
As a leader, there are some proven ways to facilitate a meaningful prayer time in your group:
- Respect the intimacy level.
- Avoid giving or allowing others to give advice during prayer time. It belittles the prayer need by saying, “Oh, we can fix this for you. That’s easy.”
- Include prayer time at each meeting.
- Pray the Scriptures. When you pray the Word of God, you pray the will of God.
- Avoid going around the circle for open prayer so as not to embarrass someone who is not comfortable praying aloud.